Sunday, June 28, 2015

[ARTICLE] INTERVIEW: Solo Debut of Sunrise Dongwoon from BEAST!! He talks about his life since he was born up until now!

◆ Today’s theme is “What kind of person is Son Dongwoon?”. We would like to hear about your life from your birth till now.
DW: Got it, please be nice to me!

◆Where were you born?
DW: Busan. Do you know Busan?

◆ Yes, I have never been there but shooting of huge hit movie “Ode to My Father” was held in Busan, right.
DW: Yes. I was actually born in Busan and lived there for around one year. But due to my father’s university/school matter, we moved to another place, so there are not much memories from living in Busan.

◆Have you ever asked from your parents that what kind of child were you?
DW: I heard that I was a child who has a big/loud crying voice.

◆ Does your real name is Dongwoon?
DW: Yeah. It is written as ‘孫東雲’ (Kanji means ‘Grandson’, ‘East’, ‘Cloud’). It is written as ‘cloud’, but the meaning is not cloud but “Galaxy”. “East” is preferred to Asia, so I don’t know well but I think “To become the galaxy of Asia” might be the hidden meaning.

1-1

◆ You have an older brother, right. How do you call each other?
DW: I call him “Brother (Bro~~)”. And he calls me “Dongni” (laughed shyly).

◆How is your connection with your brother?
DW: It’s really good these days. He’s managing a cafe right now, so sometimes I give him advices here & there.

◆Was there any time when connection between brothers were not that good?
DW: Never. He’s now 29 years old and we have a pretty large age gap, so there are no times for us to quarrel. So we have never been in a fight.

◆ Then what kind of child were you when you were in a kindergarten?
DW: I went to “Cheongju Kindergarden” in Cheongju city. I was much more cool/handsome when I was in kindergarten. The time when I was in the kindergarten, was the time when my face was the most handsome in my whole life. A-ha!

◆That means, you were already a flower-boy back in kindergarden! (laughs).
DW: Yeah. I think so (Genuine/ non-guilty face). I was a really healthy/cheerful boy.

◆ What did you played back then?
DW: Like computer games…

◆ You were playing indoors while saying you were a cheerful boy?
DW: Haha, yeah. I was more like an indoor type of person.


2-1

◆ When was the time when you hurt so badly?
DW: I think there is none. I’m taking care of my body so carefully.

◆When you were a child, what was your dream occupation?
DW: When I was little, I wanted to become someone “admirable”, so becoming a lawyer was my dream. but the wall of life… (laughs).

◆That wall was “grade”? (laughs).
DW: Yes, it was difficult. I bumped into that wall in middle school (laughs).

◆How was your days in elementary school?
DW: In elementary school, I was a bit more into ‘outdoor’ type. I was an inline skate athlete. I participated in “Korean Championship” as a representative of Cheongju and I got into 2nd place.

◆ Wow, that’s so great! You are good in so many things?
DW: Yeah, of course. I have so many talent. I’m still good in that, too.

◆ Please show us on the stage! Fans will be delighted to see you coming out on stage while doing inline skate!
DW: Ahaha! Really~~!? (Laughs).

2-2

◆How about school/grades?
DW: I was pretty good on that, too.

◆ What kind of existence were you in your class? Leader type?
DW: I wasn’t a leader-type. Leader had to be called out to the teacher many times, so I didn’t like it, I was more like outsider-type? (laughs). I did have a lot of friends though.

◆Were your parents strict?
DW: They weren’t that strict. They always supported what I wanted to do.

◆ Have you ever scolded by your father?
DW: ….. I have. In 3rd year of middle school, when I quit being JYP trainee. I was told “What are you trying to do quitting being trainee!”

◆ After being told like that, what was your answer?
DW: I was silent, can’t say anything.

◆What about your experience in studying instruments?
DW: I had studied violin for 6 years since kindergarden.

◆ Were you the one who said you wanted to learn playing violin?
DW: No, it was my parents’ decision. I was good in playing violin. But study/grades were more important than violin, so….

◆You didn’t have much time to play violin?
DW: No, I did have time. It’s just I didn’t want to play it (laughs).

◆I got it (laughs). What else have you learned?
DW: Inline skate & English. Kids start to learn English since their kindergarden in Korea… But I forgot them all (laughs).

◆How about piano?
DW: There was a piano that my grandfather bought in our house, so I learned playing when I was in elementary school. It’s self-taught.

2-3

◆What kind of child were you in middle school?
DW: I was a JYP trainee from 1st year till 3rd year in middle school, so there was not much time to play with my friends and I didn’t have many friends back then. But since I was a trainee, I was popular in my school.

◆ Arts & Science, which were you better at?
DW: I like language classes, so its arts. I was good at English.

◆ How about school works?
DW: There are not much school works in Korea.

◆In the middle school, you were…… leader-type? (laughs)
DW: I wasn’t (laughs).

3-1

◆ Did you go to coed-school?
DW: Yes, it was boys & girls school. But the classroom had only male students. I made 3 friends in high school. 4 of us, including me, have always been playing together and we still have a good relationship.

◆How did you guys met?
DW: One of them was my 1st grade classmate and we became friends while talking about HIP HOP. Other one was from another class, but he was a friend of my friend who loves HIP HOP, so eventually we became friends. Last one was also from different class but he was also a friend of my friend who loves HIP HOP, so (laughs) we became friends.

◆Your friend who loves HIP HOP was the key-man (laughs).
DW: Yeah (laughs). Three of them were from same middle school but it seemed like they weren’t that close back then, but when me & my friend who loves HIP HOP played together, 4 of us got together. I liked HIP HOP at that time and when I met my friend who loves HIP HOP, we had a quarrel about “Who is the best rapper?”, and then we became friends with that.

◆Did you had a concern over university entry exam or your future plans?
DW: I debuted when I was in 3rd year of high school, so I didn’t have any concern towards entering university. University was not that important to me at that time.

3-2

◆Since when did you chose music as your job/occupation?
DW: Since in middle school. I was a trainee in JYP and I loved singing.

◆When did you start dancing?
DW: When I became trainee, I started dancing for the first time.. But I wasn’t in a good shape with my dance instructor, so I didn’t really liked my dance lesson. That’s why I am still bad at dancing (laughs).

◆When was your most popular days among girls?
DW: It’s now (smiles). My middle school was boys-school, so it wasn’t a time to get chocolates on Valentine’s Day. And I wasn’t that popular in my high school, so I haven’t received that much of it (laughs).

◆Why? When you are this handsome! (laughs).
DW: I wonder why? I don’t know. Even my personality is nice, too… I had been always hanging with my 3 friends and I was a decent student in my class.

3-3

◆From the relationships you have been experienced, was there any episode or experinced-talk?
DW: Yeah, through ‘loving’ (he talked slowly to pick the words he use), I got to know about expression of feelings and the way of how to love someone. By loving, I understood the meaning of love songs. I think that also influenced my singing technique.

◆How about your experience doing part-time jobs?
DW: I don’t have any. I was a trainee since when I was in middle school.

◆Was there any part-time jobs you wanted to try to do if you had a chance?
DW: Handing out/putting out flyers.

◆Handing out/putting out flyers!? (laughs)
DW: Yeah. I was good in inline skates, so handing out flyers while doing inline skate seemed like I can do it in a short time, so I wanted to try it once.

cr. theb2utynotes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment